Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How is your local reseller promoting ArchiCAD?...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Folks,

I decided to create this thread after I've visited the Brazilian official ArchiCAD reseller... BTW the only one...
It is called PINI and it is devoted to sell magazines, books, software, services, etc...
I was shocked when I noticed that they still didn't advertise ArchiCAD 13!
Bottom line: IMO I think Graphisoft should select their partners more carefully...
Its a pity that a huge emerging market like the Brazilian one is so badly explored.

And you folks?... How is your local reseller promoting ArchiCAD?...
15 REPLIES 15
Djordje
Ace
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote:
sometimes i think that you people love (or i dont know the right word) archicad and GS. . . I cant belive that you care for firm that dont care about herself ...
IMO, i dont care how and who and where they sell cos GS DONT CARE !

Go, take a walk with your wife, kids, dog, go plant a tree do anything REAL but plz dont care about something that dont care about you (dont loose your time) ! GS dont care about you, me, and anyone here on forum and if u dont undersstand that...then you can write a book about this subject

Over and out !

P.S I dont care how my resseler sell archicad
In your case, I know for a fact that you are WRONG.

hiCAD, that is responsible for Bosnia and Herzegovina, puts heroic scale efforts into promoting, supporting and selling ArchiCAD and related software for the last 15 years, despite all the horrible events that have taken place in the region.

Instead of always being negative, ask yourself: what have I done to inform my reseller of my needs?

And, really, don't insult people. There is a way to say everything - yours is definitely not the right one.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
The reseller is the channel to GSHQ in my opinion. If the users don't communicate to the resellers we're out in the blue...quite simple.

The responsiveness from GSHQ have been greatly improved (in our experience) during the past year which is a very positive sign.

Please communicate in a sound manner to your resellers!!! There is a reseller meeting in a few months and that would be a great occasion for discussion.

Cheers all and have a nice week-end.
Mats - Graphisoft Sweden
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
JaredBanks
Mentor
As users, what would we all like to see the resellers doing to spread the word?
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Anonymous
Not applicable
The fact that there is a piece of software today that caters for architects as much as ArchiCAD does is great! Every one that contributes in a constructive way on forums like this, to their local reseller, by telling their friends about whats good and what needs to be improved is worth their weight in gold .

Not so long ago firms relied on 2d drafting packages and if they could afford it a professional illustrator to communicate ideas. Now it can be done by a one person practice....It is helping bridge the gap between design and documentation and creating jobs in our industry for many people.

Right now archicad faces new challenges as the market demands more so I say why not be a part of that.

I think that the software has got to this point not so much because GSHQ cares... but more because they listen and are interested in what their clients are asking for from a business point of view. If they continue to listen and we continue to ask then the right questions we can look forward to more improvement.
Brett Brown
Advocate
George wrote:
I think that the software has got to this point not so much because GSHQ cares... but more because they listen and are interested in what their clients are asking for from a business point of view. If they continue to listen and we continue to ask then the right questions we can look forward to more improvement.
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Deep discounts on ArchiCAD seats, from what I can see. Precious little else.

Interestingly enough, I'm hearing that the Revit dealers around here (Western Canada) are offering cash for ArchiCAD licenses.

Predatory practices on both sides. I guess it was inevitable.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5030 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.5