Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to make a wall with a oblique cut?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, can anyone please tell me how to chamfer a wall's edge at, let's say, 60 degrees , exactly like in the following picture http://img88.imageshack.us/i/walla.jpg/ the red stuff is only the finnish,i made it to show you the way i want to cut the wall. I tried playing at the "geometry and positioning" section of the settings, but that will only help me to modify the wall in thickness , i also tried the trim option but that will only make vertical cuts, i tried to make this using a slab, but i cannot rotate that and put it vertically ( i want an oblique cut, to separate the finnishes with an oblique line. Is there any way to do this ?
5 REPLIES 5
Dwight
Newcomer
Walls heal and merge.

Draw a short second wall across the end of the initial wall at the tilt you require.

The illustration shows the tilt wall separate, then the tilt wall aligned with the initial wall to show the merge.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
what do you mean by "merge" ? how to do that?
Dwight
Newcomer
When two walls meet, they "merge" to hide overlaps.

In the case of a tilted wall and a straight wall. when you drawn them overlapping as i illustrated, the straight wall extends outward to meet the tilt wall.

Experiment with putting two walls together.
angled walls2.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
well, yes but that makes it very complicated to make a door or a window at the intersection of them , that's why i wanted to make it from one wall ! and using :wall complexity : double slanted with a 60 degrees angle and a 90 angle, will make a door opening in the longitudinal direction of the wall, wich is not good i can't believe that graphisoft didn't make this wall feature available. or is it me who dowsn't know how to do it 😕 please help me
Anonymous
Not applicable
I found out
I should of create a roof in the upper side of the wall and then trim to roof (design - Trim to roof) and the wall remains trimmed even if u delete the roof .
EEEHAAA