Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How to use SEO on objects edited in MaxonForm?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

I'm having a problem with some objects I've edited in Maxonform when using the Deformation tools. I made a slab and then sent it to Maxonform to deform it (with FFD and Twist). The problem is when I've sent it back to archicad, I can't use SEO to trim walls to the objects I've edited in Maxonform.

It seems like Maxonform makes the objects to an envelope, so the object ain't solid any more, but only contains of six surfaces without any thickness.

I know the objects is sent back to AC as solids when you first subdivides the object in MF and then uses the magnet tool, but this tool is not good enough to use when modelling, in my opinion.

Is there a workaround to transform the objects so they appear solid again, and I can use SEO on them to trim walls to the roofs I've made?

Best regards,
KyrreS
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Should this topic be moved to another section of the forum?
Rakela Raul
Participant
The problem is when I've sent it back to archicad, I can't use SEO
i had that problem and no idea what it is
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

I'm trying again..

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with making roofs with organic forms? I have made my roofs in MaxonForm, but when I send them back to AC the roof objects can't be used with SEO.

I want to put glass in between the roofs, but I can see any other way to do it than an huge work around. The work around I have come up with so far is like this:
- I let the objects be like they are right now
- The I make some temporarily roofs so I can trim the walls to them

When I use this work around, it's not as precise as I would like it to be.

Do anyone have another suggestion on how to make these roofs?

See the attached image and you'll se how the roofs should look like.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I do not have Maxonform so I do not know for sure but I am
guessing that Maxonform makes surface only objects and
therefor can not be used as operators.
You could try making your roofs using the mesh tool
Please see the following threads.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=62004&highlight=mesh+roof#62004

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=43194&highlight=mesh+roof#43194

Peter Devlin
Karl Ottenstein
Yes, I just confirmed that MaxonForm does not create solid objects, but only surfaces, as Peter guessed.

Not only does this mean that SEOps cannot be used, it also means that you have no cut fills in the resulting objects without doing manual 2D-overlay work.

So, I have to wonder if GS is addressing these things to make MaxonForm more useful for architectural modeling and documentation purposes?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Yes, I just confirmed that MaxonForm does not create solid objects, but only surfaces, as Peter guessed.

Not only does this mean that SEO cannot be used, it also means that you have no cut fills in the resulting objects without doing manual 2D-overlay work.

So, I have to wonder if GS is addressing these things to make MaxonForm more useful for architectural modeling and documentation purposes?

Karl
the thing is ... Maxonform elements works as Targets , but not operators
in this example started with walls > Maxonform > archicad > SEO with walls to create holes . it works fine . but i agree its not possible to do the other way round.

it was said a lot before ... Maxonform is FAR , FAR away from being a good tool . and the sad part is its not even devolved since it started .
Anonymous
Not applicable
whatever wrote:

the thing is ... Maxonform elements works as Targets , but not operators
That's not all true. If you edit an element witch has the same material on all three sides in MaxonForm, it comes back in AC as an object witch seems like an solid element. This object can be used as operator as well as target.

Even though this works, it isn't much useful, because you most of the times want to have different materials on the sides of an element.
Anonymous
Not applicable
KyrreS wrote:

That's not all true. If you edit an element witch has the same material on all three sides in MaxonForm, it comes back in AC as an object witch seems like an solid element. This object can be used as operator as well as target.
interesting !!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have figured out an long work around on how to get different materials on the object, and still get to use "it" as an operator in SEO. I will write about this when I'm finished with my current project, I don't have the time now. But stay tuned. It would be nice with an discussion about MaxonForm here, since AC don't have nurbs yet.

KyrreS