cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Interior design - modeling

m_ziolo_86
Newcomer
Hello,

I'm curious if anybody has some good work-flow and knows some modeling tips worth sharing in interior design modeling. I haven't found this issue discussed on the forum. And I think that it requires more detailed modeling than a building design. So please share here some modeling and work-flow tips.

Regards,
Maciek
Archicad 16, Win 8.1
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wait for AC16 (Morph tool)!
m_ziolo_86
Newcomer
Sadly, I don't have time to wait. I am doing interior design project now. Knowing some tricks in AC15 would be nice.
Archicad 16, Win 8.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
"Interior Design".........What did you want to design?
We need more input!
Anonymous
Not applicable
There is not an ideal workflow for interior design, at least I haven't found it yet. There are two tips I can recommend:
- Use Interior elevation in the modelling/design phase, but finally explode the views and finish them "by hand". Otherwise they always seem too computer-like.
- Draw the inverted ceiling plan on the upper story with lines, based on the model.. Trace and reference help a lot. I found this to be a great time-saver, although you deviate from the BIM idea.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Depends on what you mean by 'Interior Design'.... Everyone has their own definition... I am usually the one to do Interior Elevations in my office (might be because I am the only female in the office )

Complex profiles and Slabs are a life saver... Only when ArchiCAD doesn't have what you require.

If you could give an example of what you are encountering we would be able to help you out.
Anonymous
Not applicable
m_ziolo_86 wrote:
...some modeling tips...
Set up a 'visual' legend of regularly used components with all the setting correctly applied, so you can quickly drag and drop the required elements into each of the rooms and know they will display correctly.

This article explains the technique -
http://www.aecbytes.com/tipsandtricks/2006/issue13-archicad.html
m_ziolo_86
Newcomer
Thanks for help. Those tips are what I was looking for. Types of approach I didn't think of by myself is what I wanted. Now I just have to try them out.
Archicad 16, Win 8.1