Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Is this a job for " Complex Profile" ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

So I'm designing a Cinema and I want natural light ( louvers) to help guide and direct the flow of people into cinemas... I've found this in a recent Architecture magazine and the design will fit into my Cinema, which uses curvilinear forms.

How would I create this sort of ' window '... I could use the wall tool and magic wand the shape by the use of a line but I'm not sure... I would also need to show details of the construction within this so I would need to use glass as the roof material. For flat roof glazing, could I use the slab too and have the material set to " glass " as " Sky lights " are all pitched.

Thank You for your help.

photo.jpg
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
do it with complex profiles or Objective addon !
Anonymous
Not applicable
PIC2

i really hate these vertical lines in AC...
Anonymous
Not applicable
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote:
i really hate these vertical lines in AC...
If I'm not missing something here, if you insure both curves are tangent, have the same material and skin priority, those lines wont show... Have you tried this?
Anonymous
Not applicable
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote:
do it with complex profiles or Objective addon !
That looks perfect ! Did you use the " Wall " tool and Objective for bending it then a slab for the glass, more walls for the connecting pieces.

Thanks You
Anonymous
Not applicable
...First i draw it with spline and i trace it with wall, thats why i get these vertical lines...mybe if i draw polyline i would get less lines.

I draw this using:

complex profile for glass assigned to work with wall. I draw section of this,then i draw it on plan and i bend it with archicad command curve edge (floating little window)

beam is archicad beam angled 5 degrees

slim beams are archicad wall...i used magic wand to trace the shape. First i draw shape with line then trace over it.

and i used substruction with upwards extrusion to cut slim beams with glass roof

This could be done easily in Objective too and i think without vertical lines.
Anonymous
Not applicable
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote:
...First i draw it with spline and i trace it with wall, thats why i get these vertical lines...mybe if i draw polyline i would get less lines.

I draw this using:

complex profile for glass assigned to work with wall. I draw section of this,then i draw it on plan and i bend it with archicad command curve edge (floating little window)

slim beams are archicad wall...i used magic wand to trace the shape. First i draw shape with line then trace over it.

and i used substruction with upwards extrusion to cut slim beams with glass roof

I think I get your idea... I will for sure use Objective though, I'm more familiar with that... If I use a complex profile for the glass, what advantage does this have over using the slab for instance ? I've never used the complex profile, thats all...

Thank You
Anonymous
Not applicable
NStocks wrote:
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote:

I draw this using:

I think I get your idea... I will for sure use Objective though, I'm more familiar with that... If I use a complex profile for the glass, what advantage does this have over using the slab for instance ? I've never used the complex profile, thats all...

Thank You

you cant draw it with slab cos slabs cant have slope !
If you have on your computer Objective...use it.

Archicad is a BIM software...and designing some stuff with complex profiles is crucial if you want to get correct BIM project but this one is a long story
Anonymous
Not applicable
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote:
NStocks wrote:
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote:

I draw this using:

Thank You

you cant draw it with slab cos slabs cant have slope !
If you have on your computer Objective...use it.

Archicad is a BIM software...and designing some stuff with complex profiles is crucial if you want to get correct BIM project but this one is a long story
I see ! But If I used slab and objective, would that give the same ' effect' as complex profile ?... I'm looking int C. Profiles but I just wondered.