Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Layout Books In AC 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

I'm almost finished with our template, just a couple of teething issues to overcome. Thankyou to everyone who has helped me along the way.

One issue I am having is that the same ArchiCAD document is being used by 3 departments. Design, Drafting and Scheduling. I have created titleblocks for each department and inserted Autotext for the page numbering. 1 of 14 (#LayNo of Number of Layouts)

What I am finding is that this calculates the page numbers of all the subsets and not just within its own subset. (see attached image). The end result I'm looking for is separate page numbering for each department.

Can I create a second layout book for each department, or is there another way I can do this that someone has come across. The obvious appeal is that page numbers and numbering will always be up to date using these and its one less thing for the end user to worry about.

As always any help is greatly appreciated.

page numbering.JPG
5 REPLIES 5
Stuart Atkinson
Participant
As far as i have been able to determine you cannot get the layout book autotext numbering to work within each subset.
This is sort of a bug, as you cannot create more layout books, only subsets, which, as they are part of a single book, have all their pages totalled for the autotext total pages.
What we should be able to do is either have autotext for number of pages per subset or be able to create more than one layout book.

Only work around i have used is to use the custom text box's in File/Info/Project Info. You can rename them to something that clearly identifies their use.
Unfortunately this means the user has to remember to change the information if the number of pages change.

Cheers
Stuart
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
This is a problem that's been around for years! Graphisoft never seems to get around to giving us an autotext option for 'Total number of layouts in Subset'.

There are obscure workarounds, but combined with the problem of including a decent sheet index it's an area that GS can't shun for much longer.

Cheers,
Link.
Barry Kelly
Unfortunately there is no "total layouts in subset" autotext.
But there is a workaround although a little messy.

Place a section or detail marker off to the side of your model in plan view.
Make sure the marker has the autotext turned on for the layout number.

(I thought it was "#LayNo" now in V10 & 11 but it seems "<PmAShNo>" works and is what is used in the markers - maybe just the AUS library?)

Create a viewset of this section or detail.
Place this section or detail on the last layout of your subset.

Now in all the layouts in your subset you must place a drawing of you plan and crop it to the section/detail marker which should now be showing the last sheet number.

If you move the drawing on your last layout to any other layout or you re-order you layouts the total number of sheets will change - so make sure you always have that drawing on the last layout.

Of course if you only have one subset you do not need to do this - just the total layout number.
If you have more than one subset make sure they all number the layouts independent of each other and you will need a separate section/detail number for each subset on the plan - so one for each of your departments in this case.

Once you have it set up in your template it should be just a matter of keeping the section/detail drawing on the last page of each subset if you are inclined to add and delete layouts.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Works a treat ! thankyou
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another method I have found is to change autotext of the Layout Number to the Layout ID and the Number of Layouts to the Subset ID then number them accordingly. So if one subset had 15 pages the Subset ID would be 15 and each page would be numbered 1 thru 15. If a page is added this would change your Subset ID to 16 (which is an easy fix). This method helps to reduce clutter and management of place holders and the like.

hope this helps someone. Cheers!!