Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Lock Unselected?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all,
is there a way to lock all unselected items?
I found this feature very useful in applications like SketchUp
It allows me to manipulate an entity in isolation.

Any ideas if such feature exists in AC?
thanks
21 REPLIES 21
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Dwight wrote:
When i click "Quick Layers" I get this palette
Sorry mate, just being a sarcastic punk again. The name of the palette is Quick Layers, so it makes sense that it controls things by layer. Even the button you made mention of.
Ignacio wrote:
I don't know if there is a cleaner way, but a quick workaround is

1- Select your items
2- CUT
3- Select All
4- Lock
5- PASTE

Everything from the keyboard. If there is something cleaner it can't be much faster.
This could play havoc with any Solid Element Operations. If it's all one one story, maybe it is better to select the elements, then shift select as you swipe of every element, then go to Edit> Locking> Lock?

Cheers,
Link.
Dwight
Newcomer
So just to be perfectly clear, tool naming flaws aside, that the Quick Layers palette has two buttons on the left hand side that control element visibility and locking state independent of layer.
ArchiCADScreenSnapz002.jpg
Dwight Atkinson
Link wrote:
If it's all one one story, maybe it is better to select the elements, then shift select as you swipe of every element, then go to Edit> Locking> Lock?
Hah that one is neat if you can see 'all'. I had never done shift-'swipe' including unselect and took me a while to understand what you were saying.
Dwight
Newcomer
Link wrote:
Are you using the Quick Layers palette or the Quick Elements palette?
Made me look.
Dwight Atkinson
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Dwight wrote:
So just to be perfectly clear, tool naming flaws aside, that the Quick Layers palette has two buttons on the left hand side that control element visibility and locking state independent of layer.
Wow. Are you sure those buttons don't just switch the visibility and locking of all layers?

If they adjust locking on an element level, I'll eat my shorts!

Cheers,
Link.
Dwight
Newcomer
You are right, altho when i did it earlier i woulda sworn...
Dwight Atkinson
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Well that's a relief. I was wearing my favorite boardshorts.

Cheers,
Link.
Dwight
Newcomer
I am considering a forum poll asking "Is Dwight an idiot" but finding out would be heartbreaking.
Dwight Atkinson
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Some things are better left unknown mate.

FWIW I would never have questioned you if it was related to lightworks, sculpture, or Canadian Milk Bags.

Cheers,
Link.
Dwight
Newcomer
You are going to give our colleagues a false impression about Canada.
These "milk bags" are part of a simple but clever packaging system where a poly bag is dropped into a modular container.

There is only one trick to operating the milk bag - nipping the corner of the bag to pour: if you don't do it just right, you get a "twin-streamer."

Very hard to "drink from the carton."

The bags come in packs of four - all in a larger bag, yet. Just the thing for delivering fresh milk to the growing nippers.
Dwight Atkinson