Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

MVO pick won't remove lines

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can't seem to make inner lines go away with either windows or doors in my ac12 test profile wall.
My cut plane is 4.5' , well within the window glass area.
As you can see MVO is set to show opening only with no contour lines of window, yet the inner line I can't make go away. I think I've messed with every kinda line I can think of in my profile/window settings.
That's also true for the door you see,(when I had it set to opening only also),
which of course is set to show "show on plans" right now.
Any ideas on what I may have messed up?
By the way, the C.P. wall is set to core only.
Bier

Profile door window lines22..png
7 REPLIES 7
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You sure it's not a slab you're seeing?

If not, it may be that there's a tiny gap between your wall and your skirting, in the complex profile. Maybe that is why there's a line between them, but not at the top?

Also, you should tick your Opening Reference and adjust it to suit.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just came right back in to say..
oops, think I just found it.
Chose white for overhead pen at the bottom of "outlines" and it went away.
No, slab is continuous to outside wall line, even past the "finish" of the profile.
Thanks for reference suggestion. I had unticked that as part of my blind search.
Bier
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
That all but confirms that you have a gap then. And all you are doing is setting the (out)line created by the gap to white. It's still there though!

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yea, I was thinking that might not be final right answer.
But, slab is continuous to past outside of profiled wall, even past "finish" which is turned off in screen shot. So I don't think that's it.
So maybe something else.
Bier
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner

Re-read the reply. You need to go into the complex profile itself and check the lower skirting. Make sure it's aligned perfectly with the wall edge.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The "finish" or skirting as you call it is perfectly aligned to the C.P. wall, both vertically and horizontally.
However, that is not the side of the wall in plan view that the line won't go away on.
Just for reference, the C.P. wall is vertically perfectly sitting on top of the slab in case that could be it, if it was not.
Bier
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
If you really want to get to the bottom of it, upload a zipped module file of the wall and we can take a look at it.

Cheers,
Link.