Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

MacOS Context Menu

Seiss Wagner
Participant
I am wondering, now that Graphisoft has made the context menu virtually useless, by embedding the most frequently used commands in sub-menus, doubling the number of moves required to access a command that use to be accessed in one click; how other users are coping with the issue - (should this really be one sentence?).

Specifically, I am referring to Drag, Rotate, Mirror, etc.; you know, the things you use about 25 times an hour.

What should I do, make a new menu, make a new tool bar, or just give up and wait for version 13, 14, or 15, by which time Graphisoft will realize they have made typical bureaucratic mistake?
ArchiCad 21 / OS X 10.13.5 /
iMac 3.2GHz i5 - 32GB /AMD Radeon R9 M390 - 2048 MB/
Dual 5K - 27" Displays
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
This isn't just Mac, it's Windows too. Annoyed me to start with, but I am starting to use more Shortcuts now than I used to. The one that gets me every time is Mirror (Ctrl-M), means two hands or contorting left hand from normal, relaxed position. Ctrl-D and Ctrl-E I can handle. Ctrl-D then Ctrl-Alt is almost bearable for multiple copy.

I'm not saying I agree with the change, just that I am learning to live with it (should I have to though, that's the question)
__archiben
Booster
Seiss wrote:
What should I do...
learn the keyboard shortcuts. way quicker and more intuitive than a context menu . . . i think i only use the context menu these days for opening sect/elev/details/layouts and cancelling the marquee when i don't want to ESC to far . . .

and also . . . all of your drag, rotate, mirror, etc commands are on the pet palette as well, no?

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Stress Co_
Advisor
Ditto on key board short cuts. Also, I created one tool bar with my most commonly used commands.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)