cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Market shares of BIM/CAD software - your ideas and inputs.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm currently working on an yearly overview of CAD/BIM software in different countries (primarily in nothern europe), and would like your inputs ideas and guesses.

I have found it extremely difficult to get figures and general overviews, as I have tried to make this overview for some years now in Denmark and neighboring countries, where BIM is growing fast due to governmental initiatives.

So I think it would be nice, if we all could work on this together, share our knowledge, and get an idea of the dominating trends (are BIM taking over) and which products are popular where.

I'm not asking for exact numbers - as these are nearly imposible to get hold of for european countries - but guesses and ideas/indications would be nice.

So: which types of software are being used in your country, and which ones are domination (and how dominating?)
I'll post this question in different forums, and add all the inputs together in a blog post, so all can see and discuss the end result.
I think this would be very interesting to see for many of you.

I can start with my own research from a year ago:

In Denmark Autodesk is dominating, and the others competitors are primarily Bentley and Graphisoft.
Autodesk has around 80-85% market share in the construction industry (yes, they are that dominating!), where Revit stands for around 20-25% of the new product sales.
The other two companies share the lat 15% 50/50, but Bentley/Microstation is beginning to lose a significant part of it's market share to Revit.

In Sweden ArchiCAD is much bigger, but I have no numbers, and we see a tendency in Norway for bigger Revit market shares (but again no numbers).

So, What's your guesses and inputs for your country?
0 REPLIES 0

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!