cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Modeling Hip Roof Truss Pacakge

Jefferson
Participant
Increasingly I am finding a need to model hip roof truss package. Currently my methodology, [that felt like a George Bush word], is to model the common trusses using Objective, then dive into the painfully complex method of modeling individual trusses, opposing ends.

In a typical residential hip roof truss package the last 8 to 12 feet 90° to the common trusses with bottom chords in hangers off a girder truss, [same profile as the commons.] As the roof "walks" around corners, inside or out, the complexity gets exponentially more complex. [see screen shots]

There has got to be a better way!!, and I'm hoping someone has been here before and can offer up some advice on a better way I'd be very appreciative!
jeff white
w3d design

AC 23 Solo US / current build & library
Windoze 10 Pro 64
HP ZBook 17 G4
Intel Zeon 3.0
Twin 2GB SSD
32 GB memory

http://w3d-design.com
1 REPLY 1
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Just ran across this post... I happened to be the guy that created the TRUSS PRO series for Graphisoft about a hundred years ago!!!

Since then, I've dovetailed them into TRUSS RUN and HIP SET...

Direct message me if you think they will help...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop