Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Multiple buildings with different rotations

ELEVATE
Contributor

I have a project w/ multiple buildings that have different rotations.  I want to keep all the buildings in the same file as opposed to hotlinking them.  In regards to the rotations, is it best to set up a folder structure for each building and rotate the plans to plan north.  OR do this in the site plan?  I usually create a separate story level for the site plan so I super impose over floor plans w/ a background pen setting, so all site info is greyed out. Also for a single building I usually rotate the site plan linework then rotate back the other way with the rotation tool.    The main goal is to have all rotated buildings not be rotated on the plan setup sheets. Also to have text to reads correctly.   Another option is to rotate the source view, but then the text would be incorrect.  Thanks

GS.png

gs2.png

  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

it doesn't look like you've got repetitive buildings that require rotation.

i think in this case i'd keep the entire site oriented to North, then save a set of plan views for each building with their own orthogonal rotation.

AC25 | Win10 | 64Gb RAM | Intel i7 13700F | RTX 4070 Ti
>come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

it doesn't look like you've got repetitive buildings that require rotation.

i think in this case i'd keep the entire site oriented to North, then save a set of plan views for each building with their own orthogonal rotation.

AC25 | Win10 | 64Gb RAM | Intel i7 13700F | RTX 4070 Ti
>come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8

Perfect,, Thankyou

courtabsorbing
Newcomer

Thank you for your opinion, I will try to apply it. 

basketball stars