Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

My mesh disappears i 3D

Anonymous
Not applicable
When i switch from "2D floor plan" to "3D Perspective" everything is there but not my "mesh". It just disappears.

Does anyone know my?

Thankful for help!

/ Alexander
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Alexander:

A few possibilities:
1. It is unchecked in the Filter Elements in 3D dialog box
2. The story it it assigned to is excluded in the Filter Elements in 3D dialog box
3. It is not part of the selection set for showing in the 3D Window, try Show All in 3D
It is showing in another model view (Section or Elevation)?

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had a site mesh that was disappearing from all my views, although it was still selectable.
It turned out the explanation was because I had built up a lot of solid element operations over time, and one day one of them went Full Retard and made the entire site disappear. The trick was working out which one.
Here's what I did:
1) In the 3d view, turn on, and unlock all layers
2) Select the (invisible) site mesh.
3) In the Solid Elements Operations window (which is called "Edit Targets and Operators", when it's open, just to keep you on your toes), I clicked on the button labelled, "...Operators of Selected Elements"
4) I hit F5, which isolates only those elements in the 3d View
5) I analysed what was there, and found a few items where the SEO was no longer necessary due to modifications I'd made since then.
6) I removed the SEO link for those items

One column in particular was once embedded in the ground, but is now sitting up on a stirrup, and when I removed the SEO link for that one, suddenly my entire site came back!