Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

New hotfix for ArchiCAD 10

Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
A new Hotfix is available for ArchiCAD 10 (build 1176). This Hotfix applies to all platforms, and both commercial and education licenses. Currently, it is available for INT (international English) and USA versions, but other localized versions will follow soon.

You can download the Hotfix with the 'Check for updates...' command in Help menu. Please read the Release Notes carefully.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
27 REPLIES 27
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
We have found a problem with door markers that report zone data (e.g. the ID of the room the door opens into). Formerly this function worked bad if the door was in a multistory wall. The correction of this bug introduced the performance problem. We are working on the fix. For the time being, turn off room ID in door markers.
Gergely Kmethy
Chazz
Enthusiast
gkmethy wrote:
We have found a problem with door markers that report zone data
Thanks for the info gkmethy.

This is serious. Can you confirm that it's only in teamworks projects or does is affect all projects types? Any info appreciated.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
It affects all project types, and not just door labels, but lists also, and any areas when door and window relation to zones are analyzed. For the time being, disabling the door markers should fix it. I am not sure if there is a scenario when you also need to turn off zones too, but I would not rule that out completely. We will release the fix as soon as we can.
Gergely Kmethy
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have installed the new hotfix and now whenever I start ArchiCAD the bug reporter appears, it doesn't even get to the start up screen.

I am concerned that if I install it on other machines the same will happen.

Can anybody help???

Thanks

Tom
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
jammy,

This sounds more like an installation problem, a repair from the original ArchiCAD CD and a reinstall of the Hotfix should clean it. If not, check drivers too. http://archicadwiki.com/crash
Gergely Kmethy
gkmethy wrote:
We have found a problem with door markers that report zone data (e.g. the ID of the room the door opens into). Formerly this function worked bad if the door was in a multistory wall. The correction of this bug introduced the performance problem. We are working on the fix. For the time being, turn off room ID in door markers.
Yes -- this seems to have been the problem. This was the one team using a non-office-standard door marker that pulls the ID from the zone.
gkmethy wrote:
...but lists as well...
How is it affecting lists? We have had Element Schedules disappear -- is this related?
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
OK -- now we are having significant slow-down with the same teamwork file in the S/E windows -- and other ideas?
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Laura wrote:

How is it affecting lists? We have had Element Schedules disappear -- is this related?
No. I meant that generating door lists that use the To room and From room parameters might be slow. Please report the other problem to your local Tech support
Gergely Kmethy
gkmethy wrote:
Please report the other problem to your local Tech support
Yes, yes, yes -- of course...
Anonymous
Not applicable
gkmethy wrote:
jammy,

This sounds more like an installation problem, a repair from the original ArchiCAD CD and a reinstall of the Hotfix should clean it. If not, check drivers too. http://archicadwiki.com/crash
Many thanks, it worked fine.

Tom