Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

No Blue cross guide lines

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just upgraded to AC15 and now when moving objects and i hover the mouse over a snap point for a few seconds the blue cross guide line no longer appears as it did in AC14? Is this a change to AC15 or is there a option i need to click, i like the new way the guides work but i also miss the the blue ones as they were useful??

blue lines.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
You have to hold down the mouse button while over the top of a node, then drag in the direction you would like the guideline to appear, then release to confirm. The guideline stays blue while it is being adjusted, and turns orange only when you release the mouse button.

I'm not totally convinced yet - I think it will take me a bit of time to get used to!
Barry Kelly
vanden wrote:
I have just upgraded to AC15 and now when moving objects and i hover the mouse over a snap point for a few seconds the blue cross guide line no longer appears as it did in AC14? Is this a change to AC15 or is there a option i need to click, i like the new way the guides work but i also miss the the blue ones as they were useful??
Yes it is a new feature and is mentioned in the new features section of the user guide.

Takes a while to get used to it but once you do I think it is better than the old way.
You only end up with guide lines when you want them now rather than all over the place as in 14.

You can create a guide from a node by :-

- starting to draw something and then move mouse and guides will appear at intervals as set in the work environment (right mouse click and choose "place guide line" for not standard angles) - this is the same as in previous versions.

- start to draw something and then click and hold the mouse on the point you want the guide line to be active from and the drag the mouse before you let go - now you can choose the guide line to activate.
This method I fond the hardest to get used to.

- hover the mouse cursor over the node and then press the keyboard shortcut and then choose the guide line you want to activate.
You can use this method after you start to draw something or before you start to draw something which I think is what you are looking for.

I miss that the guidelines don't appear as you hover over a point but pressing the keyboard shortcut solves that.
I like the way they only activate when you click on them now rather than just touching them as before.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ahh, cheers for clearing that up, seems it will take a bit of getting used to but at least you don't have loads of crazy lines on screen!!!

Thanks all
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Check out this article which addresses this issue:
http://www.archicadwiki.com/Bugs/ForceGuideLineKeyboardShortcut
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft