Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Textured wall profiles /grating for solar screens

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am working in ArchiCAD 13 on a project with a substantial solar screen. We are spec'ing welded bar grating for this screen and I need to have it represented in it's proper depth to look right-- i.e. a big part of the effect is that it appears more opaque or transparent depending on the angle of view.

I really don't want to have to draw every single bar of the grating in order to make this work. And it doesn't work just to create a custom material, as that would not reflect the change in opacity relating to angle of view.

Does anyone have any tip for this?
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
moritz391:

Take a look at the object Grid Vertical 15. But be careful, the polygon count can get very high, slowing down model generation.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the response David.

Signature modified!

So for a stupid question--where do I find the Grid Vertical object? I have searched online and in my libraries, but am coming up empty.

-Steven
Srinivas
Booster
I believe David is mentioning about "Grid Vertical 13" object found under "ArchiCAD Library 13 > Special Construction 13> Basic Shapes 13"
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10