Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Origin Point as per UK easting / northing

MRF BIM
Contributor

Hi there

I am currently starting a new project for a commercial building

The architectural model is going to be modeled in Archicad, but the structural and M+E engineers will be using Revit.

I need to provide an origin point for the correct collaboration and coordination.

The engineers and I have selected a point out of the Topographical survey to be set as the "Project Origin"

This topographical point has 3 coordinates (numbers in meters) : UK easting/northing/Elevation.

The problem comes when I try to set up the Origin Point (within the Project Preferences). The only units accepted to set up this point are "Degrees/Minutes/Seconds" or "Decimal Degrees"

I have tried to use on-line translators, but I haven't found any that is giving me an accurate position.

Could anybody tell me how to set up an origin point with a eating/northing/elevation numbers in metres?

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11
Tic
Participant

Hi MRF BIM. Thank you. This kind of solves my display problem on the new files. The trick it's in "-".

On the that I'm working on which was created with ArchiCAD 25 for some reason the coordinates are doubled(i.e.: 432.24 is 864.48).

Thank you,

Well I'm happy I was able to help you