cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Palettes offscreen / disappearing

jbArch
Newcomer
Some of my palettes are disappearing when I use my laptop, most likely offscreen.

I go between a normal monitor and my laptop display, so I have two different work environment profiles setup: one for the 19" LCD, another for the 15.4" laptop. So I thought I had this under control (i.e. I understand why the palettes fly offscreen when I switch to the small monitor).

But the quicklayers palette is still causing me some grief. It never stays visible when I restart archicad, no matter what display I use. So it also won't "stick" with my work environment profiles.

How can I get the quicklayers palette to show up again in my current profile? And how can I get it to be there again when I restart archicad?

TIA & Cheers,
JB
AC 21 (8002) & 22 USA
Mac OSX 10.14.5 on MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Intel i7, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB VRAM, 500GB SSD
5 REPLIES 5
__archiben
Booster
jbArch wrote:
How can I get the quicklayers palette to show up again in my current profile? And how can I get it to be there again when I restart archicad?
unfortunately you can't. the quicklayers palette has never been a part of the work environment palette schemes.

for that reason i have the quicklayers commands in my toolbar - then i actually have control over their appearance . . .

it's a shocker that three years after the introduction of the 'work environment' there are still palettes and main dialogues that still don't conform.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Aussie John
Newcomer
You need to make a separate pallette scheme for the laptop as indeed they are off the screen due to the different resolutions of your main computer and the laptop.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
jbArch
Newcomer
for that reason i have the quicklayers commands in my toolbar - then i actually have control over their appearance . . .
Thanks Ben... that solves the problem for me. I didn't know I could customize the toolbar, so until now I'd been hanging onto my old ways and using the vertical toolbox. If I can get more customization out of the toolbar, then I'll give it a shot.

Cheers,
JB
AC 21 (8002) & 22 USA
Mac OSX 10.14.5 on MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Intel i7, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB VRAM, 500GB SSD
__archiben
Booster
jbArch wrote:
If I can get more customization out of the toolbar, then I'll give it a shot.
go crazy >
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
jbArch
Newcomer
Thanks Ben. Looking forward to playing around with that one... After I finish this deadline.

Cheers,
JB
AC 21 (8002) & 22 USA