cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Plan continually updating - totally unusable

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone

I am finding it extremely difficult to operate in plan... every time i zoom in or out or change views it has to stop and process. this takes about a minute per update every time I pan or zoom. I'm running 16 gb of ram, I think I should have a simple plan move covered. Also, every time I switch to my plan window from a section or elevation or detail (or any window at all actually) it stops and spins it's wheels.

any help??
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
RandyC
Advocate
we have had this happen several times - the solution for us was to
erase our slabs , some bug seems to be tied to the slabs - new slabs
no problem
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'll get times when every time I move the screen or zoom I have long processing times. If it's the same issue I have I found that restarting works. Not ideal but 5 minutes restarting a project is worth the frustration of having to wait for processing to finish. Oddly enough, this problem doesn't normally affect, or at least in my experience, the other open instances of AC. But there's been times when AC went flaky on me forcing all instances to be restarted.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys, I turned off the trace reference and it helped tremendously. it still takes forever to load up while switching back and forth from section and plan, but that's a dilemma for later.
Anonymous
Not applicable
We've had so many of these issues. Here's our fix. Revert back to 15 until they hotfix everything. None of these issues were effecting us or slowing us down in 15. But I do miss the fancy new potractor.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does this happen on all your projects - it sounds more like a corrupted element in the model than an actual program bug. I'd try and identify the problem element and delete it and see if that solves the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
@Scott R - This is my first foray into ArchiCAD and don't have any other projects started in it. soon though!

I wouldn't be surprised at all if I f'd something up and it's caused the whole system to become unstable. The usability of my project decreased suddenly when experimenting with SEOs and standing seam roofing. I deleted all the elements but I never regained the smoothness once experienced.

next project will be SEO'd standing seam free!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd also try doing and New & Reset All file - that will sometime correct weird issues with the program

Go to the file menu -> new and hold down the option(alt) button and you will see the New & Reset All function