Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Problem: Section Name Linking to Plotmaker

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi - rather a basic question perhaps... but I don't find myself doing a lot of this. At any rate, I'm trying to get the automatic section naming working in archicad. I have the sections set up in AC9 so that PM is naming them - thus the name appearing on the section in PLAN is "PmADrNo/PmAShNo". I can understand why it shows up this way (duh!) but it doesn't seem to be updating in PM. I've tried the online help system - but cannot seem to locate the appropriate info. What the HECK am I doing wrong. Any insights??

Thanks
Jonathan
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
BTW - I forgot to mention that the result I get in PM9 is the section symbol reading out "undefined value". I'm assuming there's a setting I need to pay attention to.

Thanks
Jonathan
Anonymous
Not applicable
you must place the section/elevation view in the lbk before its tag on the plan will fill in anything. that is what you are after, right?

hth
wes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, they were actually all placed - however - when the drawing file was renamed per the current version - I suppose the links must have broken. Would that cause the problem? I would imagine it (the PM layout) would simply be referencing the last PLN file. But I suppose it need to go completely through the 'cycle'...?

Jonathan
Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay - that seems to have done it - so no matter what the source of the issue WAS... It's okay now. Thanks!!

JD