Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Problem with trapezoid window

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is my first time using the trapezoid windows...

The window head casing and frame lines do not align with each other. In the image you will see two pink construction line. Notice the dark blue and light blue lines of the window frame are not parallel with each other? I can't figure out why that is and where there is a setting for that.
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wondering if anyone has used the trapezoid window at all?
Karl Ottenstein
Just tried to reproduce - and while I cannot reproduce the non-parallel lines, I found lots of bugs with the 17 trapezoid window part, particularly with the casing, sill/stool options.

The AC 16 trapezoid seems a bit better behaved. You can embed it in your project by just searching for 'trapezoid' in the window object browser and waiting for the web search to complete.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Karl.
Karl wrote:
I found lots of bugs with the 17 trapezoid window part, particularly with the casing, sill/stool options..
I found these too, along with some other bugs. Seems like the whole AC17 trapezoid window is a mess.
Anonymous
Not applicable
For some reason the window only lets me set the rough opening dimension for one side. The opposite side and top are grayed out. Is this the case with you?
Untitled copy.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Also the unparallel frame lines happen when I make the window larger than the default size. For instance, I make the unit 7'-0" tall, and the shoulder 6'9" tall, and it "gets all funky".
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another thing... the window on the left is the 16 trapezoid, on the right is the 17. The 16 does not have a frame, seems to be just a sash?
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Karl wrote:
Just tried to reproduce - and while I cannot reproduce the non-parallel lines
Set the Shoulder Height to 1" less than the window height and then measure the angles. The discrepancy disappears as the difference between the Shoulder Height and window height become greater. I got the same result with both the 16 and 17 versions of W Trapezoid Fixed.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a 3" difference between the shoulder and window height and still the lines are not parallel.