cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Property Label 21

Brett Brown
Advocate
Hi All, could some please tell if there is a setting I am missing in this Label and probably all labels where the Label can justify itself correctly? i. e. using the associate type with an arrow, drawing to the right works but it seems it's not intelligent enough to justify itself when drawing to the left?

Cadimage has there Key Note Label doing this with a simple on off setting. So it can be done in Archicad. So hopefully it is a missed setting on my part. The same problem in 20, just seeing if it had changed in 21, perhaps 22?
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Brett:

I may be misunderstanding your question (an image would help), but the Right Aligned option should work.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Brett Brown
Advocate
Hi David, yes, that's how you fix it, one more click. Attached is what is set in the Cadimage Keynote Label and I have it set as that. So we need that extra option in all Graphisoft labels for our favourites.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
I don't remember exactly when the label tool got changed (ArchiCAD17??), but since then I've found automatic labels to be very confusing in terms of how they end up. They have sadly joined dimension lines in the 'one too many actions required to make it look good' club. By that I mean, that I need to place a dimension string and after that move it where I want it to be excactly, because there is no way to do an exact offset in tracker when placing them. It sort of works if there is an existing or traced element there, but only then.

Does the CadImage one use the build in leader? We have some special labels from our local reseller that do all kinds of awesome smart positioning (mostly for labelling windows and such in elevation), but these do not use the leader at all.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Brett Brown
Advocate
Yes Erwin, with the built-in leader. A great time saver. I agree with everything you say. Seems instead of the computer doing the basics for us automatically, like say temporary dimensions to space dimension lines in your case, there seems to be a lot more clicks happening as in the labels case. Usability improvements like the auto-align label is what I want to see in new versions.