Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Queen-Ann cornice

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am quite new to Archicad and looking for tutorials/tip or good cornice builder add-ons. Looking for frieze/crown eaves, gutters and standing seam metal returns..

Looks complicated to use as a library item, once built..

Thank You..
5 REPLIES 5
Djordje
Ace
Rashid wrote:
I am quite new to Archicad and looking for tutorials/tip or good cornice builder add-ons. Looking for frieze/crown eaves, gutters and standing seam metal returns.

Looks complicated to use as a library item, once built.
Aside from the Profiler, that you can use to build cornices of one cross section extruded along a path, there are quite a bit of cornice objects made by various people.

If it is a good object with the right paramters, then it should not be hard to use!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Dwight
Newcomer
A warning, however, about any trim objects made with Profiler or as TUBE extrusions. If they turn a corner, their texture mapping might not, resulting in an unlikely wood grain texture, say, perpendicular to the molding diection. Always stick to a paint finish.

It is best to create each segment separately to ensure correct map direction. One object script in ArchiCAD can only have one origin - and only one mapping direction.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks... Some of the objects on Objects have no Online guides so it is difficult to tell how they really work.. Would be nice if there was a standardized feature list/ratings system.. Also, I would likely render outside Archicad so the TUBE issue may not be a problem.
Dwight
Newcomer
You'll be re-surfacing everything, then?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes Dwight..