BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Recent Projects at Startup --- is dangerous

gdford
Advisor

The Recent Projects at Startup is nothing but trouble in a group environment with more than one person taking turns working on a solo project.

Please give us a way to disable this feature - this is costing me money and apparently there is no way to get hired help to pay attention to which version they are logging into. !!!

Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

Sounds like your helpers are saving there own 'revision' of the file as they work on it?

If that is the case (and is perfectly fine for archiving purposes), then the helpers need to be told not to use the recent files list.

Always open from the operating system file manager or browse for the file when opening in Archicad.

If they were all simply saving the same file (I assume on a network server) and not with different revisions, then no matter which machine they open it from, it will open the same file - if they have that file in their recent list.

We work like this in the office I am in.

But if they are all saving them as different revisions as they work on it, there is no way for the other uses to automatically have a link to that new file.

I know that is why you want to turn the recent file list off, but the users just have to know not to use it.

I wonder if there is a Registry key (Windows - plist I think on Mac) that can disable the list?

Maybe BIMCloud could be a solution - I am not sure as I don't use it.

But I assume you would still have the same problem if different revisions are being saved.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

I am a solo operator at the moment. but spent the last 11 years in a small office (10 licenses) using BIMcloud (basic) on every project. As far as I know no one ever opened the wrong project or version. Dealing with solo projects on DropBox seems primitive by comparison, especially dealing with office libraries. Since I am usually collaborating with at least one other Archicad user I am considering spinning up my own BIMcloud basic or BIMcloud SaaS.

Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x

No - there is not a Registry Key to turn this off.
BIMcloud would be a solution - but would cost cost another BIM could subscription...

The easy solution would be to have a check box in the work environment to turn this off.

Thanks Barry

Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Learn and get certified!