Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Renovation Combination Issues

ares997
Contributor
So I am creating a simple section and having issues with the new windows showing up in the existing plan. If I use the stock renovation filter you don't see the windows. Personally this isn't the way I would like to achieve the effect but our leadership is driving the style of the drawings. In any event we are reducing the detail of the wall composites to look either like A style or B style to represent new and old. So I have overridden the fills to be a A or B. This works alright except in sections because everything becomes either A or B including things that are mostly neutral.

Thus does anyone know how to resolve this issue with the windows showing up in views they aren't assigned.
Archicad 25 (5005), Windows 11, AMD RYZEN 7 3900 (64 GB RAM)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
The renovation tool, while being a good idea, doesn't sufficiently fill the bill;

I use layers to control my views, (e) walls, (n) walls, Walls to be changed, Walls to be removed,

and

Layer sets to control what is seen in my views (e) elevations, (n) elevations etc.

Have a lot of work under my belt using layers and can create any view by controlling the layer/layer set combination.

The renovation tool and it's settings mean you have to set every single tool in Archicad, from the text tool, line tool, library parts etc, etc ad nauseum and I can get there by my ability with layers/layer sets.