cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Roof Fascia clean up

Anonymous
Not applicable
i noticed that when I'm using the Geometry Method: Polygonal and I've selected the Perpendicular roof edge. The fascias do not clean up. If I use the vertical edge it works fine. Is there a work around for this or am I missing something. See attachment
14 REPLIES 14
Karl Ottenstein
What's shown in your screenshot usually indicates some other modeling error - roofs not properly joined, fascia angles different, etc...

Use the pet palette in edge offset mode to pull the hip ridge back for each of the two roof planes.

Verify that each plane is set to the desired edge condition.

Select one roof and control (cmd Mac) click on the hip edge of the the other roof. Reverse the process to complete the healing / join. Should be fine now.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.8, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Karl,
Thanks for your response. The snap shot I sent was of a simple square with a hip roof. All four corners have the exact same characteristics. I zoomed in to each corner and they all match perfectly. The pitch 6:12 with the degree, minutes and seconds exactly the same. All four roof plans are of the same thickness and elevation. If there was a modeling error wouldn't it effect the fascias for a vertical edge as well which shows correctly when set to that edge configuration???
Karl Ottenstein
You'd think it would clean itself up, but what you show is what often happens when changing the roof edge angle after the first clean-up, in versions (such as yours) before the new roof tool that arrived in 15.

Karl
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.8, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the update. I guess it's live with it or update.
Karl Ottenstein
robertf wrote:
Thanks for the update. I guess it's live with it or update.
No need to live with it... it cleans up easily in your version ... you just have to either model it right the first time, or do the steps I gave for re-cleaning the roofs. Takes 10 seconds per corner.

If I wasn't clear about how to fix it, please ask again - and maybe attach an MOD file of your roof and one of us will clean it up for you.

Cheers,
Karl
Erika Epstein
Booster
Just reset the roof edge Angle. If it is set to the angle you want but shows incorrectly, then set it to another angle choice and then put it back to the one you want.
Toggling settings like this often rights Archicad.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tried Erika's suggustion of changing eave angle and then change back with no success. I'm trying to send a .mod file and I'm not having much success with that either.
Karl Ottenstein
robertf wrote:
Tried Erika's suggustion of changing eave angle and then change back with no success. I'm trying to send a .mod file and I'm not having much success with that either.
You need to zip the mod file to attach it... should contain only your roofs to keep the size small... select the roofs, save-selection-as...

K
Anonymous
Not applicable
here's the roofs in zip format. Hope you can do something with them

Thanks