Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Roof Sheathing Edge Problem

toman311
Enthusiast
bonjour

I am having problems with the roof edge aligning with the rafter tails I am modeling. The overhang needs to be 3'6". ArchiCAD has the overhang at 3'6" at the top of my composite roof. I used the Roof Wizard to create all of the roof framing. The rafter tails are also at 3'6". The sheathing needs to have an angled slope to it, so I selected that option. It doesn't need to be a custom angle. This angle comes from the fact that the sheathing is laid at an angle, so the edges are perpendicular to the roof slope. The problem is that the roof composite doesn't align with the rafter tail ends. Is there any way to change the 3'6" overhang reference point for the composite roof to be at the bottom of the roof composite instead of at the top. That would give me my answer. If not, is there a workaround?

raftertails.png
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
2 REPLIES 2
Gerald Hoffman
Advocate
A work around is to manually adjust the roof edges outwards by the gap amount. You can measure it in section and you will adjust it by the "x" dimension.

Cheers,
Gerald Hoffman
“The simplification of anything is always sensational” GKC
Archicad 4.55 - 27-5030 USA
2019 MacBook Pro (64GB w/ AMD Radeon Pro 5600M GPU)
David Maudlin
Rockstar
toman311 wrote:
If not, is there a workaround?
My workaround is to measure in Section the X distance between the top and bottom nodes, then in Plan Offset the edge that distance. If you have multiple instances at the same slope and thickness then the measurement would be the same.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14