Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Roof edge not vertical

mukster
Booster
I'm having problems with my standard flat plane roof edge. Not the eave, but the gable end. I have the roof edge set to vertical, but the gable edge is coming up angled and I have no idea how to fix it. This has happened a few times on different plans.

Archicad 17 on a Mac platform
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
After some roof editing operations like a cut to roof operation, (where you use the Ctrl + C to force one roof plane to merge to another roof plane) the edges can go astray. Reselect the roofs and apply the "Set Vertical Angle" cut end again. It should take.
mukster
Booster
Thanks Mark - I did a little web research, and what works for me is selecting the edge of the roof that's out of line, then selecting the Custom Edge Settings in the pet palette that pops up. There I can reset the angle of the edge.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have this problem, if i change the pitch of roofs, the angles get wierd. I go to the edge angle of the pet pallette, click "apply to all edges, and make them vertical again... Is there a way to just lock all edges to vertical?
AC16, win7pro
Ruben V
Advocate
No, as explained before:
MarkMoscrip wrote:
After some roof editing operations like a cut to roof operation, (where you use the Ctrl + C to force one roof plane to merge to another roof plane) the edges can go astray. Reselect the roofs and apply the "Set Vertical Angle" cut end again. It should take.
(òÓ,)_\,,/
www.studiov2.be
Archicad 26/27 + Rhino/Grasshopper
BIMcollab ZOOM
>>> Read my book!<<<