Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Scale Roof

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not able to resize the roof.

When I click on a node and move it, the entire roof is moving. If I click "move only node", then just one of the nodes moves, but there are two nodes in the corner of the roof, for some reason.

I'm unable to select both of these nodes;)

I'm stumped. Any pointers as to how I can rescale the roof to fit my walls?
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
If you want to move a single node then you click on just that node (after selecting the roof).
You can't select multiple nodes and move them at the same time.

However you can select an edge of your roof and move that edge (which sounds like what you want to do).
That will move the edge (and both nodes at each end).

There is also an option in the pet palette to move all edges - this will be available whether you select a single node or an edge.

Just to complicate matters a little more, if you have an eave overhang on your roof then you can select either the edges and nodes of the eaves (which does not affect the shape of the roof but just the shape of that roof plane) or you can select the edges and nodes of the pivot line (which will affect the overall shape of the roof).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, can you added picture in? I am an ARCHICAD user newbie and I must learn how to make a scale roof on ARCHICAD.
Barry Kelly
miftah09 wrote:
Well, can you added picture in? I am an ARCHICAD user newbie and I must learn how to make a scale roof on ARCHICAD.
There are plenty of pictures and explanations in the reference guide in the HELP menu.
Also in there you will find a link to a YouTube channel that has many good movies - some specifically for editing roofs.

Then if you are having specific problems let us know and we can help.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11