Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License outage
Dear Customers, We are facing with an outage in our services in Azure. You may experience issues with the Azure-based functions, like licensing, BIMcloud SaaS, Learn Portal. We are working hard on this issue to make it fixed as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Schuco says "Graphisoft working on a new standard"

Anonymous
Not applicable
I contacted Schuco, because some door/windows were not available on Bimobject.

The reply I got was that Graphisoft was working on a new standard, so they wouldn't release or develop any more objects on Bimobject until Graphisoft had released this "new standard"

?, wtf?

Why would they say something like this?
11 REPLIES 11
henryL
Enthusiast
I think develop and mantain gdl objects is quite expensive. Maybe they're already focusing on the new standard. I really hope this new standard will have some python scripting connected ( like revit and allplan )
Anonymous
Not applicable
So there really is a new standard?

What is the name of this new standard and where can I read about it?

..and when is that supposed to arrive?
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is really interesting to see the exact reply of Schuco.
I believe that if there is something true behind their answer Graphisoft should inform the users officially
about any kind of forthcoming change.
Probably this is a kind of improvement, I hope.
Barry Kelly
Retdefender wrote:
It is really interesting to see the exact reply of Schuco.
Where can we see this reply?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is the official reply from Schuco:

Fikk forresten svar fra Tyskland ang. BIMobjektene du etterlyste. De svarte at siden Graphisoft jobber med ny standard (som tar tid) kan det ikke programmeres flere ArchiCad objekter pr. dags dato, men at de ville se på dette etter standarden er klar.

It translates to:

Just received a response from Germany regarding the BIM objects. They said that since Graphisoft is working on a new standard (which takes time), they cannot program more ArchiCAD objects per today's date, but they will look at this when the standard is ready.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've also sent a reply today to them to further explain this "new standard";)
Barry Kelly
Are they meaning a new standard or just a new version(22)?
I have heard nothing about anything new in the GDL format if that is what they are referring to as a new standard.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I really like this message from Schüco. I hope it means what I've been waiting for for a long time now : completely new door and window tools. They are the logical next step for Archicad version 23 after stairs, railings and curtain wall.

I'm really looking forward for more information about this!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Really interesting that the new version was just released and we are already discussing about the next one.
We architects will be never satisified with anything!!!!!!

To the point...the quaestion is how official is Schuco's answer. Do they have an independent GDL developer or is this in contact with someone from inside Graphisoft?