Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Spiral with newel

Eman
Contributor
Please how can I make a spiral with diameter of less than 1 meter such as 700mm? I can do it only around 1 meter or bigger!

Thanks
Eman / Draftsman
Works at an Architects Company using ArchiCad 21
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz, 8.00 GB, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
5 REPLIES 5
Dontknow
Enthusiast
No problems here with a standard spiral in ArchiCad 21.
Made a small video of it.
Architectural construction designer, draftsman, modeller
ArchiCAD 25.
Eman
Contributor
Hi Dontknow and thank for your reply but I mean 'Stairs' Spiral with newel. Sorry for my mistake.
Eman / Draftsman
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz, 8.00 GB, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Eman:

I was able to make a spiral railing using the Railing tool. I placed a number of nodes with decreasing radii. I think it would be easier to place the newel separately rather than trying to get its location based on the spiral's reference line. The smallest radius in my example is 1".

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Dontknow
Enthusiast
Eman wrote:
Hi Dontknow and thank for your reply but I mean 'Stairs' Spiral with newel. Sorry for my mistake.

Depends on what you want to make.

Architectural construction designer, draftsman, modeller
ArchiCAD 25.
Eman
Contributor
Hi Dontknow, Yes I want to make that stairs as the photo with diameter of less than 1 meter such as 700mm.
Eman / Draftsman