Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Stair tool nightmares

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have endless endless issues with the stair tool. Even drawing the simplest staircase takes hours of fannying around no matter what settings we adjust. I've set up favorites for compliant stairs which work sometimes but not others despite the fact that the arrangement is 100% correct & buildable. I understand that there's a lot of different instances the tool has to meet, but why oh why is it so utterly over complicated??

My current frustration is in trying to draw a simple staircase with winders at each end. There's gallons of room, the minimum tread & riser sizes are the only constraint, yet it just won't work no matter how I draw or constrain it; and sometimes when you select one of the (incorrect) layouts it suggests, the stair fails to place at all! It's getting to the point that it would be quicker to model each individual piece rather than waste time trying to get the stair tool to do something we know works.

Please, please can we get a stair tool that isn't a massive waste of time.
20 REPLIES 20

I have locked this thread so we don't start getting all sorts of stair problems added.

If anyone has a particular stair problem, please start a new post related to just one problem at a time.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11