Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Tech Support in USA

poco2013
Mentor
Graphisoft is now demanding paid technical support in USA.

"All 20 minute sessions are $42.67 for ARCHIPLUS members and $50 for non ARCHIPLUS members. To obtain the discount code for ARCHIPLUS clients or if you have any questions regarding the scheduling process, please email a BIM Advisor at bimadvisor@graphisoft.com."

WONDERING IF SSA HAS ANY VALUE NOW??
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
1 REPLY 1
Karl Ottenstein
If I look at the US support page here:
https://archiplus.graphisoftus.com/support-downloads/

it gives the same information as before - that ARCHIPLUS members get free priority tech support for ARCHICAD-related bug/crashes. What you refer to is the new (to me) BIM Advisor service -- a paid service for training/learning ARCHICAD - something that has never been free that I know of? ARCHIPLUS gets a 15% discount it seems. The page also still offers free conversion of old files (6.0 and earlier) and other features for subscribers. ARCHIPLUS members still get discounted physical key replacement, extra content, etc...

So, I'm not seeing the loss of anything, only a new discounted learning/training service. There's no demand to pay for anything - tech support for ARCHICAD problems is still free, but the new training service is not free. There is no demand for payment - they encourage all users to search all of the help and learning resources first before scheduling a paid learning session.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB