cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Undocumented Improvements in AC15

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Here is the beginning of a list of 'minor' fixes in AC15 that I was personally involved in. I hope that others may be able to add other undocumented improvements to it:

1. Mirroring text now mirrors the anchor point.
2. The Help menu search function is no longer case sensitive.
3. Fill Area Text's are transferable via the eyedropper/syringe.
4. Project North now accepts up to 4 decimals (when set in working units).
5. Right click on Layouts and Masters to edit their settings.
6. Module Save Options have a new display setting.

Cheers,
Link.
56 REPLIES 56
aahatimo
Newcomer
Fuzzytnth3 said:"I get round this by making a toolbar for the Quick Layer and also TW commands and save that with my Work Environment. It then stays available at all times"

interesting toolbar layout area! could we see the rest of the archicad screen. always looking for a different approach.
thanks!
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
fuzzytnth3
Booster
I think the Work Environment is available over in the Depository area of the forum. It's only for AC 14 as we still have to do various updates to our Server to get it up to speed to run AC 15
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
fuzzytnth3
Booster
There you go...

Only thing to note is that the Trace Ref pallette is invoked by using the keyboard shortcut to bring it in front of the Favourites pallette

AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
aahatimo
Newcomer
great we! i like your approach for trace ref also.
thanks!
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Rafal wrote:
MacOs:
Project Preview for files (PLN) and library parts is working in Finder (!) 🙂,
and not only for v. 15...
Rafal, can you please describe the process for obtaining this (Preview in Finder). For PLN files I have saved out a 3D Window image of the building then dragged that JPG into the File>Info>Project Preview window, which appears to work with the exception that the image becomes grey scale only. Is this the process you use and if so, how do you get color? Thanks, Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

My team member asked me what's differences between Worksheet & Detail. And my answer is in the "Help" (Worksheet can capture annotation, Detail can't, etc..).
But when I give example on AC 15, I realized that now Detail Tool can capture annotation too (in AUS version) (what saying in AC15 Help is still the same as before). So I guess that is a Undocumented Improvement ???.
(or bug?, I don't know)

My question is: How to find out ALL OF undocumented improvement ?
Until now I base on :
-this thread
-archicadwiki.com/ArchiCAD15ChangesGuide
-new commands (marked in blue) in Keyboard Shortcut

and IS THAT ALL ? or we have to wait until other new things reported from AC users? Is it better if they're completely introduced somewhere by GS?
Chazz
Enthusiast
I don't know if it is AC 15 or MacOS 10.7 but I'm seeing greatly reduced PDF sizes. A small project is now emailable.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current