cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Vectorial Hatching in Elevation - ArchiCAD 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't get sun shadows or vectorial hatching to show on my exterior elevations. I think I've gathered that the control of this feature has moved from the Elevation Selection Settings to Graphic Overrides but I can't figure out how to make this work.

Basically somebody please tell me how to make the hatching and shadows work in elevation like they used to.
6 REPLIES 6
sinceV6
Advocate
Hi.
The ON/OFF control is still in the elevation settings. You can change some things with Graphic Overrides.
Just double check that:
1. Your surfaces have hatching assigned to them.
2. Vectorial hatching is ON in the elevation settings.
3. Shadows are ON in the elevation settings.
4. Graphic Overrides are not changing the appearance of the elevation. Change it to "No overrides" to check this.

Best regards.
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for your quick response

Attached is a screenshot of where I thought the hatching on/off was and I don't see it anymore. Also I have the sun shadow box clicked and they're not showing.
Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 9.37.02 AM.png
Ruben V
Advocate
sinceV6 wrote:
Just double check that:
1. Your surfaces have hatching assigned to them.
2. Vectorial hatching is ON in the elevation settings.
3. Shadows are ON in the elevation settings.
4. Graphic Overrides are not changing the appearance of the elevation. Change it to "No overrides" to check this.
5. There is no override for the surfaces in your Elevation setting: "fill with nothing" - a shadow can only show on a (background) solid "fill"
(òÓ,)_\,,/
www.studiov2.be
Archicad 26/27 + Rhino/Grasshopper
BIMcollab ZOOM
>>> Read my book!<<<
Anonymous
Not applicable
That was it. It was the "Nothing" box.

thanks.
sinceV6
Advocate
B.E.A.T. wrote:
5. There is no override for the surfaces in your Elevation setting: "fill with nothing" - a shadow can only show on a (background) solid "fill"
Yep. Forgot that one. Should have been number 2.
Ruben V
Advocate
Arlouper wrote:
That was it. It was the "Nothing" box.

thanks.
You're welcome! HTH
(òÓ,)_\,,/
www.studiov2.be
Archicad 26/27 + Rhino/Grasshopper
BIMcollab ZOOM
>>> Read my book!<<<