cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Ver 16: Composites in modules

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone come across this problem:

I understand that composites within modules adopt the attributes of the composite of the same name as defined within the model. So if I amend a composite within the model, all the modules which contain that composite will update automatically.

This used to happen in ver 14; but in ver 16 I've found that it doesn't happen all the time. I ran some tests and found that some composites update in both versions, whilst others update in ver 14 only. In version 16, I have to open each of the modules in turn, redefine the composite in the module, resave it, and then update the model - which is a pain.

This must be a bug, surely?
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Have a look in your attribute manager to see it the composite in your master file has the same index number as the composite in your module.
If the index numbers are different hen tecnically you have different composits so changing the master file composite will have no effect on the one in the module.

If they are the same index number then I am not sure what is happening.
But you can use the attribute manager to overwrite the composites in your modules rather than having to redefine the composite.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry -

The index numbers are the same. I tried using the attribute manager to overwrite the composites in the modules, as you suggest, but the 'append' and 'overwrite' buttons are greyed out.

My suspicion that this is a bug stems from the fact that this problem does not occur when I open the same model in Release 14.

I tried 'backward saving' so that I could avoid the problem by reverting to rel. 14 for this model, but this caused a crash on every attempt.