cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Waiting onAC14 Hotfix #1

I'm starting to get vexed at the number of times in a day that AC14 crashes. I'm filing bug reports, but am just about ready to stop. Mostly the crash comes when AC is idling. Solo projects or TW - it matters not.

Command+S is my friend these days.

Just about time for a Hotfix don't you think?
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5030 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.5
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable
DVH wrote:
Aaron wrote:
the idling ArchiCAD / overnight crashing has returned. 😞

............. I have crashed 20 times in less than a week.
What's bad about this is that I have sent two emails to Tech Support about this and have not received one response.................
Dwayne Van Horn
"No response", is just unbelievable neglect.
Do they just see us as sheep?
Just trying to offset a polyline, I get attached image.
Seems like AC-14 gets it's spinning wheel in the ditch a lot.
Spinning for eternity until I manually "crash out".
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Lec,

Dwayne and Aaron's problem is a known issue that will be fixed in the next Hotfix. I was not able however to repeat your offset problem. If it happens regularly, can you please send a small example file to us at support [at] graphisoft [dot] com?

Thank you.
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Gergely
Thanks for the reply.
I will if it happens again.
kevin b
Contributor
And this Library issue is a huge problem (see http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=174484&highlight=#174484), that they've known about and said was fixed in the bugfix, so where is it. We paid for this software for 15 people and only 2 are using it because of this issue. This was posted Aug 3...
kpaczari wrote:
This seems to be a bug in the handling of this file: TW Data\L-2\LibraryCacheFolderWrapper_v2.xml

When deleting libraries using the Local Data Manager, this file is not updated.
Eventually resulting in empty or missing library parts in the local library cache which causes doors/windows/objects... being unavailable.

This is fixed in AC14 3202. Hotfix 1 will contain it. Until then make sure not to use the Local Data Manager for deleting libraries. (Just delete the whole TW Data\L-2 folder)

Krisztián Paczári
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
Not to mention the fact that someone from GS called me and told me TO use the Local Data Manager to delete duplicate libraries and that would solve the problem.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Kevin,

I am sorry for the confusion. When we started investigating your problem, our assumption was that duplicate local library caches may cause the problem (which they can), that is why we originally suggested to use the Local data manager to delete unnecessary library caches. We found out later, that in fact it was the local data manager that caused the problem.

Anyway, the way to fix it is to delete the TW data folder. It will fix the problem and the problem will not come back as long as you don't touch the Local Data Manager again.
Gergely Kmethy
Karl Frost
Participant
yes pretty please to a hotfix ASAP - we are finding AC14 very touchy and slow, which makes it difficult for me to encourage people to start using it.
My major issue is extremely slow placement of views on layouts and updating these views. Others in our office have complained about speed issues with the 3d window in particular. Another common problem is graphics glitches where things on screen don't appear as the should - this often precedes AC hanging or crashing.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Luckily this warning message goes away pretty quickly,(on it's own) but wanted to mention it.
Could it be that I now have around 9 usb devices plugged in?
6 on new i7machine and 3 into Linksys hub.
One of them being the AC protection key(it's directly plugged into back of machine).

ps: imo; As a side note good reason not to use small programs(add-ons) that require additional keys.
[Thank you Cadimage.]
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Lec,

Graphisoft North America Tech Support can help you troubleshoot this. Please call +1 800 238-3992 or email us at support [at] graphisoft [dot] com

Thanks!
Gergely Kmethy
Anonymous
Not applicable
gkmethy wrote:
Lec,

Graphisoft North America Tech Support can help you troubleshoot this. Please call +1 800 238-3992 or email us at support [at] graphisoft [dot] com

Thanks!
I am experiencing the same thing. It is happening with 13 as well as 14. It comes up only when ArchiCAD is in the background and goes away immediately when I bring it to the foreground. I have both WIBU and Codemeter keys and it seems to have started when I installed the Codemeter but this is also about when I installed 14. I haven't noticed if it occurs when the Codemeter key is not present. I will check on this if I can.

It is hardly even an annoyance though as it seems to cause no problem and goes away instantly.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Crash, when trying to close.
Hot fix one, where are you?