BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Will AC9 rendering support LWA materials?

Anonymous
Not applicable
From the rumors it seems that AC9 is going to have integrated rendering using LightWorks - Woohoo!
Does anyone (not in NDA?) know if it is going to support the LWA format material files that can be downloaded from www.lightworks-user.com ?

Ciao - Karl
4 REPLIES 4
stefan
Expert
Those that know, can't say it (NDA).
Those that know and aren't under NDA, shouldn't be knowing it in the first place 😉

Better wait and see. What use is it anyway if the next version isn't released?
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
it will
::rk
Bence Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
stefan wrote:
Stefan, herby you are officially and solemnly relieved from the restrictions the NDA poses upon you concerning the AC9 release.
But seriously: since we announced AC9 on Sept 1st, there is no reason not to talk about the features of AC9 any more. I encourage all former beta testers to openly discuss, disseminate, criticize (and perhaps, even praise?) the features of ArchiCAD 9 in the ArchiCAD Talk - we will not sue you !

Bence Kovacs
VP, Product Management

PS: here I would like to thank again the invaluable help beta testers gave us in the last few monts - without your enthusiasms and hard work we would not have gotten this far!
stefan
Expert
Bence wrote:
stefan wrote:
Stefan, herby you are officially and solemnly relieved from the restrictions the NDA poses upon you concerning the AC9 release.
But seriously: since we announced AC9 on Sept 1st, there is no reason not to talk about the features of AC9 any more. I encourage all former beta testers to openly discuss, disseminate, criticize (and perhaps, even praise?) the features of ArchiCAD 9 in the ArchiCAD Talk - we will not sue you !

Bence Kovacs
VP, Product Management

PS: here I would like to thank again the invaluable help beta testers gave us in the last few monts - without your enthusiasms and hard work we would not have gotten this far!
Well, thank you! I found the open spirit in the beta-test assuring for the future of ArchiCAD, because it won't be easy, with the direct competition of the Autodesk products. Revit is very powerful and even ADT is not to be underestimated, since it is such an obvious upgrade for existing AutoCAD users, when compared to ArchiCAD & Revit.

I for one, am glad with what the new version brings and although it doesn't have the big bells & whistles from 8.x (although Lightworks is big) it is a solid and overal thorough 'renovation'.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Learn and get certified!