Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Window Issues

mbrf
Booster

Hello Graphisoft Community, 

I'm discovering more and more "errors" in the programming of Archicad windows...

- In the austrian Version for example, the window casing is in the floorplan and in the section not visible

- The Insulation reveal is unfotunately also not visible in Section.

I think the reason for that, is because there are different 2D and 3D Scripts...

However with these issues, the windows are for our purposes, very hard to use, with many time consuming, manual work arounds...  

Are there maybe updates planned or are these issues on some sort of "wish-list" already? 

Thank you in advance for the info!

with kind regards, 

Martin

4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly

I am not entirely sure, but could it be a Model View Option level of detail not being set to 'Full' or 'Detailed' in then MVO used for your sections?

I don't actually use the default windows, but I know their level of detail can be set for plan and 3D (sections and elevations) in the Model View Options.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thank you for the fast response.
No - that is unfortunately not the case... I've checked everything several times.

I really think it is an programmung issue since I'm also in contact with a support company here in austria.

With which windows do you work with? 

Martin

I have scripted my own windows and doors.

Originally based on the library from version 6.5 but they have evolved over the years.

Not as sophisticated as the Graphisoft doors and windows, but they do what I need them to do.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Ah I see...

Well - sooner or later I'll also dive into the GDL-World.

Martin