Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ZONE TOOL

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to use the Zone tool in Archicad12 but it looks like there is not many options to customize, is this correct? I would like to use it for labeling the rooms calling out the room name (which it currently has) and underneath it I would like it to display the width and length (A & B) of the room instead of the area. I currently use a custom object for this but I would like to use archicad objects/tools where possible to utilize all of it's features. I know it does not make a lot of sense labeling the rooms this way but this is just what we have been doing up till now. Maybe calling out the area is industry standard and I should just swith over?

Also is there a way to change the font that is currently the default?

Thanks for any input you may have.

John
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
You cannot get the zone to show automatically the width and length, because the zone is normally a polygon.

But you can abuse the Flooring tab, because there you can -manually- type the width and length of the room.

The default font of the name is in the default settings of the zone. When you adjust it in the Default Settings, it goes for every new zone. (This will get saved in a template. )

The other details have their own font under their pull-down menu. This you can set in the Options/Element Attributes/Zone categories. For each new category you can set different settings.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Master wrote:
This you can set in the Options/Element Attributes/Zone categories. For each new category you can set different settings.
This may be a bit off topic but I wanted to comment that I have had trouble defining parameter settings with Zone Categories and having the actual zones repeat them after I put them in. It seems like the only setting the zone tool repeats is the zone category name and color, that's it. Did I miss a step or is this a bug/issue with ArchiCAD?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Olivier Dentan has a modified zone stamp on his site that allows you to manually stretch some hotspots which the stamp then reads and displays. Look for 'Zone_Stamp_02_11'.

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/archilib.od/
ksymons19 wrote:
This may be a bit off topic but I wanted to comment that I have had trouble defining parameter settings with Zone Categories and having the actual zones repeat them after I put them in. It seems like the only setting the zone tool repeats is the zone category name and color, that's it. Did I miss a step or is this a bug/issue with ArchiCAD?
I'm not sure I understand? Where and how are you 'defining parameter settings' at the moment? Post a screenshot perhaps? Are you selecting the zone on plan, then opening it's settings dialog box to make changes?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options>Element Attributes>Zone Categories

Under Edit Selected Category, I have tried defining parameter values like turning off the Show Area, turning on the Show Zone No. and adjust the Font Type. There are a few information we add to the listing parameters as well. When I made those adjustments under the Zone Categories, I assumed all the parameter values would carry over into the actual zone tool when I select the zone category and place it in my model and it doesn't.

Therefore, my parameter values have to be inputted through the actual zone tool itself and the issue does not stop there. While I can toggle between categories to use, the parameters stick after I adjust them. That is fine for the area being off, zone number on, etc. but not for the listing parameters which have different values for each category. So, what we do now is we wait until all zones are completed and almost good to go before we input listing parameters for each associated zone category via find+select. It's not really a painful issue, just one that prevents us from being a little proactive and defining different settings for each zone category before the project starts. Hopefully there is a way to resolve this which is why I thought I would bring it up. And Peter, I hope this makes it more clear.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I noticed too, that defaults settings under Zone Categories does not work, I think it should. But anyway, if you want, you can create a favorite for your zone, or set the default settings right.

BTW did you notice my thread 'Custom GDL objects for free'
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=29941

If you send in your request you might get a modified zone (AC12/AC13) for free!