cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

another grid snap question. - some elements on, others off

Anonymous
Not applicable
is there a way i can, with out too much issue, tell everything that is currently "off the grid" to snap to the grid?

lets say i have drawn a large part of my file with snap to grid off. then i turn it on and try to continue working. the drawn parts may not line up with the grid, which makes it hard to select, drag to etc.

i know this may cause issues but my file at this point does not contain alot of info and the grid snapped to, will be 1/2" so the issues for me would be minor and easily cleaned up.

thanks again
3 REPLIES 3
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Knosaj,

Please refer to the Align Elements feature in ArchiCAD. Here is the Help menu page included with ArchiCAD 15: http://www.graphisoft.com/ftp/publishing/ac15_help_INT/Files/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm#href=...

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks Ncornia but i am not sure that is the same type of align and applies only to objects alignment with one another and not to a grid. at least not in the help menu description. I will look into the feature a bit more though.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Knosaj,

It would help you more to learn to model more accurately.All programs take practice to learn.

There are a number of how to videos posted on You Tube such as this one and this one. There one on guidelines can help you use the tools to model accurately.

HTH
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"