Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

basic, basic skills question?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can not figure out how to draw a wall or line to a specific length.

i only want to draw a room, just four walls. but i can't figure out how to specify the length i want the walls to be.

I know this is really basic but i just started using Archicad today and i can't find information anywhere about how to do this simple thing. sure there are tons of tutorials on more complex things by that is of no help to me. help please?

really, no one is going to help me? that's mean.
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is how I do it most of the time:

If the wall/line is to be along a predefined Guide Line:

1) Click to start the wall/line.
2) Drag mouse in direction you want the wall/line to go and hold down SHIFT to lock in the angle.
3) While holding SHIFT, press 'R', this activates the Radius command in the Coordinates Palette, or activates the Distance command in the Tracker dialogue box.
4) Enter desired length of wall/line.
5) Press Enter/Return.

If the wall/line is NOT to be along a predefined Guide Line:

1) Click to start the wall/line.
2) Drag mouse in direction you want the wall/line to go and press 'A', this activates the angle command in the Coordinates Palette, or in the Tracker dialogue box.
3) Enter desired angle, ie 33. (Do NOT press enter at this time.)
4) Press 'R', this activates the Radius command in the Coordinates Palette, or activates the Distance command in the Tracker dialogue box.
5) Enter desired length of wall/line.
6) Press Enter/Return.

You can show the Coordinates Palette from the Window drop down menu, under Palettes.

You can turn the Tracker on/off in the Standard Toolbar, which is also turned on/off from the Window drop down menu, under Toolbars.

Hope this helped a little.

Mike
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you fuzzymike, That's very helpful.