Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

circular section Beams

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there,

Could anyone please tell me how can I make a circular section beam? (e.g. CHS steel beam). I'm using Archicad 9.

Thank you in advance
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't used AC9, but is there a CHS library part under 'structure' or similar?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Peter,

I know about the library but there is no CHS Beam in it. Only CHS Columns.

Thanks anyway for your reply
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
danivici wrote:
Could anyone please tell me how can I make a circular section beam? (e.g. CHS steel beam). I'm using Archicad 9.

OBJECTiVE provides a circular steel beam section and is available for ArchiCAD 9. It does a good many other things too - take a look at:
http://www.encina.co.uk/objective.html

The circular section, like many objects in OBJECTiVE, can be bent to a curve (in more than one plane), rotated in 3D, and freely cut in 3D. You can start using OBJECTiVE with AC9 and upgrade it to AC11 later (or 12 when available) at no cost.
Circular.jpg
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems
__archiben
Booster
danivici wrote:
Hi Peter,

I know about the library but there is no CHS Beam in it. Only CHS Columns.

Thanks anyway for your reply
is there an "inclination angle" parameter for the column? set it to 90º if so.

otherwise - with a bit of simple GDL you can re-save the column as a beam object by typing "roty 90" at the beginning of the 3D script. you may end up getting some 2D errors, though, that can be ironed out with a little more tweaking. i can't recall off of the top of my head what you would need to do . . .

send me through the object if you like and i'll tell you what you need to do (you will have to re-save the object because i currently don't have an AC9 installed that i can save from anymore)

cheers!
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Ralph.

I already found a "Cylinder Angled 70" in Archicad's 7 library which will do for me. (ArchiCAD Library 70\Object library 70\1. BASIC LIBRARY 70\1.4 Structure70\Primitives 70\Cylinder Angled 70)

Thank you both for your help
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers Archiben