Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

cover fill settings n' stuff....

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, so I have a 3 story building.
On the 1st floor, I drew the site as well using the mesh tool with a grass cover fill.

Since I wanted to see the site on every story, I set it so that it shows up on all stories.

When I was working on the 2nd floor, I noticed a dilemma
On the 2nd floor, my slab cover fill setting is set to dot/dash line with a transparent fill.
Because of this, the grass cover fill patterns show up through the slabs when I'm looking at the second floor plan.

So, I made the slab cover fill settings "dot/dash line with a white fill", which solved the problem and only showed the grass cover fill where it'll actually be visible.

However, when I make these slabs a cover fill, not only does it shut out the cover fill of the site, but also the "Show as trace reference". For instance, after making it a white fill on the 2nd floor and I choose another story to show as reference, I can'T see it through the white fill.

My dilemma is, I want the slab to cut out the grass cover fill pattern underneath, but I want it to let the trace/ref see through it. (without changing the slab cover fill settings every time)

Sorry for the long post. Please let me know if you have any suggestions to solve this issue.
Thank you in advance
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
Dmzedsunday wrote:
My dilemma is, I want the slab to cut out the grass cover fill pattern underneath, but I want it to let the trace/ref see through it. (without changing the slab cover fill settings every time)
Use Model View Options to temporarily change the fill background color to transparent so that you can see your reference. Or use the MVO to hide cover fills completely. See attached.

You can do this temporarily, or you can define separate Views - one with the cover fill visible for your documentation - hiding the grass cover. ...and another View with a different named Model View Option set with the cover fill hidden for when you are using Trace/Reference.

Somewhat related to this ... don't forget that when Trace & Reference is enabled, that you can also enable (from the T/R palette) the 'splitter' bars which let you drag ('peel') back the model view from any of the four edges of the 2D window, to see how things align - or to see what is hidden beneath a fill.
Screen Shot 2013-10-20 at 1.31.03 PM.png
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl,

Thank you very much!
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Also note that the Trace Reference palette has sliders to adjust how transparent your Trace or Active view is.

In your situation I would give the Active storey a bit of transparency, job done
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Anonymous
Not applicable
This button on the trace reference pallet will also flip the drawing with the trace so that the trace is on top.
tracereference.jpg