Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

externally linked files

Anonymous
Not applicable
I originally posted this in the wrong place so here it is again:

I am having trouble with several externally linked files. In a working drawing in ArchiCAD, I am using linked .pln files, and when I open the working drawing, it cannot find the link. Is there a good way to link it such that I do not have to re-link it every time I open the file?
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I use linking extensively and the only time I have to relink is when I switch between Mac and PC (the paths change) or work remotely (when I have to point to local copies). Are you changing paths somehow? Like renaming folders or something?
Anonymous
Not applicable
No, I'm not at all. This is a remodel residential project so there is a before plan. I used to do before and after plans on the same model and just use layers to manipulate the changes. But then I started using Cadimage for the different types of siding like board & batten, metal, etc. They work great except when you have over lapping walls. Wall priorities are useless. I've asked about it and they admit that its something they are working on (using priorities that is).
So now, I leave my "before" plan in the original location and make a new model for my "after" plans. But I reference the before plan in that folder. But every time I open the file, it keeps giving me this error message (see attachment). So that's what's going on. If you have another suggestion to change the way to show the "before" plan, I would like to hear what that is.

Thanks.
Picture 1.png