Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

have client w/ v10; I am in v12, how to work together

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a client that works in v10 and I am now in v12.
stairs are not saving to 11 to 10.
I am wondering if there are some other gotcha's to look forward to
or techniques to employ
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well there are the curtain walls of course.

I assume you know that you should use the v10 library when you are planning to save back to that version.

Also 3D documents are new in 12 so won't save back to 11 and the worksheets were new in 11 and won't save back to 10.

Multi-story modules (and groups) are partly supported in 10 but you should avoid them (they persist in the back-saved file but v10 is not designed to use them).

I haven't tested it explicitly but I believe that sections and elevations will save back to the single section/elevation tool in 10.

I don't know what happens to interior elevations.

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Good luck.
Karl Ottenstein
You'll need to think of your 10 colleague as the lead on the project. Any stairs, or other GDL objects must be created by him/her; you should not make any modifications to them. No library parts that 12 updates can be used by your colleague. Obviously anything done with new features in 12 will be lost when you save back to 10 format for them, so you may want to load an AC 10 Work Environment when working on this project so that you are not even tempted. Of course, some dialogs/behavior have changed anyway - so even if the hotlink manager is in your work environment, the 10 colleague cannot link multistory hotlinks, while you can - so all hotlinks should be done story by story. Etc.

The best bet is for you to just work in 10 on this particular project! If you don't have a 10 DVD, borrow your client's - every 12 key is authorized to run every prior version of AC.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
...so even if the hotlink manager is in your work environment, the 10 colleague cannot link multistory hotlinks, while you can - so all hotlinks should be done story by story.
Karl, you remind me now that hotlinks have changed to the point that they are not really compatible from 12 to 10 (nor even 11 really). They have to be redirected to compatible copies each time the project is reopened in a different version. I am working on projects where I have to save back to 11 in order to save as Navis files, so I have to maintain a fully parallel set of hot links in each version.
The best bet is for you to just work in 10 on this particular project! If you don't have a 10 DVD, borrow your client's - every 12 key is authorized to run every prior version of AC.
I agree with Karl on this. Unless you really need the speed of 12 (as I do on these huge projects) you are probably better off working in 10.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think you should just reinstall 10 on your computer for this project, or borrow it from him if you dont ahve it, I think Keys work backwards in versions, just not forwards. You'd be safest and run into alot fewer issues.