cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

how to set transparency level in elevation archicad

Anonymous
Not applicable
I now turn the transparency option "on" in elevation, but the glass is totally transparent and see through, however I would like to achieve the semi-transparent effect, so any body know?

big thanks!
10 REPLIES 10
Eduardo Rolon
I don't think there is a specific setting for that in sections/elevations. The workaround that I would try is to assign a percentage fill to the glass surface.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Arcadia
Booster
As far as I am aware it is either on or off. I have sometimes had to show transparency in glass on some objects but not others (for instance if I have a glass balustrade and I want to see the windows or details behind it in the elevation). You can get around this by turning on transparency in elevations but using a non-transparent material for the glass you don't want transparent. Another way I have done this is to put the balustrade on a different layer and switch that layer to wireframe display in the layer settings then update my elevation layer group so then my elevation transparency is off but I can still see through the balustrade. Not sure if this helps you but its about all the control you get with transparency in elevations.
V12-V27, PC: Ryzen 9 3950X, 64g RAM, RTX5000, Win 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Do Graphic Overrides in AC20 do any more than previous versions in this respect? I use similar techniques as Arcadia for glass balustrades (i.e. Wireframe layers with Transparency OFF in Elevation settings) but would prefer if the balustrade glass was partially transparent somehow. I don't want to be able to see through windows in Elevation views, but do need to maintain transparency of window glass in 3D views, so can't just increase the window glass material transparency past the transparency threshold.

Don't have AC20 yet so can't experiment
Eduardo Rolon
Yes it does.
Screen Shot 2016-07-26 at 8.44.12 AM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Eduardo Rolon
and the elevation with GO
Screen Shot 2016-07-26 at 8.45.30 AM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's a start but I was meaning more along the lines of partial transparency, as per the original poster's question. Didn't make myself clear, sorry. It would be nice to have the effect equivalent to a 50% fill on glass balustrades so you can see detail behind them. Is this possible?
Eduardo Rolon
Like this?
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
That looks promising, Eduardo. How do you achieve that?
Eduardo Rolon
Created a New Surface based on Clear Glass with a 25% Fill, created a GO rule and applied the rule to the View
Screen Shot 2016-07-27 at 7.18.04 AM.png
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator