Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

index of pages in plotmaker

Anonymous
Not applicable
is there a way to set up a plotmaker index of pages that automatically updates and you may use from the insert autotext area. i have requests to have this on the front page of every document and it gets annoying to tye it all in. and sometimes when you type it all in the tabbing doesn't comeout right with the way it looks in the editing box so it is a pain. is there a way to set that up in the autotext?

if there is no way to set it up for this, how are you guys doing it?
13 REPLIES 13
Chazz
Enthusiast
I too just go with the screen capture metheod. Takes about 5 seconds. (tip: in PM navigator set view to "tree by subsets" then open one of the master pages -this stops one of your layouts from being bold. Make sure to show Names and Numbers. Now capture just the page number and Title text of the list. Paste on your cover sheet or wherever. Faster to do than to type.

True, it does not update and is not as pretty as vector type but is so fast and easy I have I have decided to relax my graphics standards in this case. Same rationale as getting vicinity maps from Mapquest or google: it's just sooooo much faster and easier.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Rakela Raul
Participant
Now capture just the page number and Title text of the list. Paste on your cover sheet or wherever. Faster to do than to type.
and without screen capture soft you can also paste it inside a pmk file and then clip off what u dont wanna show....but...how do u handle the subconsultant drawings?? u need to do typing anyway
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Chazz
Enthusiast
Rakela wrote:
but...how do u handle the subconsultant drawings?? u need to do typing anyway
I ask them to supply it and then match the font and size with the screen capture as best as possible. I find this acceptable.

And by the way, it's much faster to do the cropping with the capture tool. No need to use a photo editor. On the OSX this is built in (Cmd shift 4). I'd guess XP is similar.
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Levente Csanyi
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Erika wrote:
When using publisher to plot a set of drawings, why does it rearrange the order of the drawings? They were alphanumerically arranged in navigator. What is the rationale behind this?
To publish faster AC rearrange documents - avoid generating a section for eg twice or more. With your (users) help we found that this is not good in all cases: plotting, printing and PDF saving, so in these cases we will not rearrange documents.

Thanks.