Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

is archicad suitable for me?

Anonymous
Not applicable
i need a software program for interior and exterior design that shows designs as real as possible. I had a go for some time at chief architect and liked it but i´m spanish, and they only have an english version, which made it a bit harder for me. I feel much more comfortable if i´m learning a program in my own language. That´s when i decided to have a look at archicad. What i need is to be able to design interiors as accurate as possible (as we do up old stone houses), but i want a program that also allows me to design gardens, and even bars and hotels. Is it archicad right for me or is it too orientated towards architects?
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
mariamo wrote:
I'm trying to get my head around it but still can´t work out something so simple as having all the dimensions displayed while i introduce doors and windows in walls, so i can know the distances from the walls.
mariamo

You can use the its available in Spanish. Remember to install the AC10 MoviePlayer as well.

There are many ways of tracking dimensions, there's the tracker that you can switch on to get instant feedback, or the measuring tool, or you can use the dimensioning tool to add dimensions and drag the door to where you want it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mariamo, ArchiCAD can suit your needs very well, because with it you can model interiors scenes with a good level of detail, produce drawings, make good renderings and prepare layouts for printing both with drawings and pictures. If you want stunning presentations you could always export the model to another rendering application or an outside rendering firm.

Look at the "Presentation - rendeing and multimedia Forum" - there are a lot of interiors made entirely in AC or modelled in AC and rendered in some other application.