cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

is it bug in 11?

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi people
I have some trouble with font. When i open 10 project, all cyrillic name of layer, layer combination, library name, fields patterns, materials etc is ??????
If I write in 11 on cyrillic all is OK.
Also name of month when archicad is loading also with strange symbols ????
in windows regisrtry in font description section script code is 204(in earler version this work well)
is it i can not set up well, or maybe there some page code bug in AC11?
14 REPLIES 14
Unfortunately the bug is there, The problem is probably with unicode handling. I have it right a way when I open the file created in 10 - not only the layers name are gibrish but also the material names, composites names - basically all the atributes with the diacritical signs are wrong.

I do not use the diacritical letters much in my own projects - but I have just opened a file from a co-worker...

Best Regards,
Piotr
Anonymous
Not applicable
Did you checked the settings in "Regional Settings -> Advanced -> Language for non-Unicode programs"? Set it to your current language. Might need to restart your system.
Miki wrote:
Did you checked the settings in "Regional Settings -> Advanced -> Language for non-Unicode programs"? Set it to your current language. Might need to restart your system.
These settings are set once and for all...when setting up the computer 😉
The problem is only when opening file from older version. Unfortunately I did not notice that earlier....

Best Regards,
Piotr
Anonymous
Not applicable
Piotr wrote:
Miki wrote:
The problem is only when opening file from older version. Unfortunately I did not notice that earlier....

Best Regards,
Piotr
You can change those settings at any time actually.
Miki wrote:
Piotr wrote:
Miki wrote:

Best Regards,
Piotr
You can change those settings at any time actually.
You misunderstood me 😉
I have the settings changed already (and I have done it the first thing setting up the computer)
I am just mad at myself that I did not report this bug when I could 😉
I hope for some hotfix ...

Best Regards
Piotr